Want a burger that doesn’t fall apart, has unique yummy flavors and its vegan? Here you go, Chana Masala Burger. What are the flavors and is it easy to make?
- It has warm spices of garam masala (oh yum!)
- It is not only vegan, it does not fall apart
- 3 main ingredients then spices
- cook it
- Eat, ahhhh that was good!
I’ve also created a spicy chutney mayo to compliment the burger. Come on, let’s get started!
Grab your ingredients, you can use either use your Instant Pot to cook your chickpeas or from a can, if you use canned ones save the water as this is aquafaba and you can use it like eggs to bind ingredients and even make meringue!
You can freeze the aquafaba (put it in ice cube trays first then save to a freezer bag) if you are not going to use it right away.
Using a food processor makes quick work on mixing and grinding up ingredients.
Form the burgers, or you can make smaller ones and use these as sliders, double yum! Use panko bread crumbs, this makes nice crust for the burgers before cooking them.
Cook them in your favorite cast iron skillet and while they are sizzling a bit on each side, mix up the chutney. For my chutney I used fresh mint, dried mint works great or even herbal mint tea. The mayo can be your favorite vegan mayo add in a bit of turmeric and ginger and you’re done!
Chana Masala Burgers are great anytime of year and so quick to prepare, you can be eating these within 30 minutes.
Enjoy! Pin this to pinterest to save it for later!
Chana Masala Burger
Easy recipe for Chana Masala burger that you can mix in minutes with your food processor.
- 1/3 cup potato, red or white, cooked, peeled (2 ounces)- may cook this in microwave
- 2/3 cup chickpeas, cooked
- 2 tablespoons yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh
- 1 garlic clove, large
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ginger paste or ginger grated
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed + 1 TBs water
- 1/2 teaspooon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1-2 tablespoons oil for frying
Spicy Chutney (optional)
- 3 tablespoons Mayo, vegan
- 2 teaspoons minced mint leaves or 1 teabag herbal mint, opened
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2-3 burger buns, toasted
Put all burger ingredients, except Panko bread crumbs and oil in food processor, pulse a few times to make moderate ground burger.
Using 1/3 cup measuring cup, form into burgers, put panko bread crumbs on small plate pat each burger on the panko crumbs, turn and pat the other side.
Put oil in medium cast iron skillet, heat on medium high heat, add each burger to skillet, cook for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
In small cup mix the chutney ingredients together with a fork, stir well to combine. Put spicy chutney on each side of toasted burger bun add lettuce, tomatoes and burger. Enjoy!
Download Betty's Ultimate Pumpkin Recipes!
Bettys Ultimate PumpkinRecipes.pdf. Fast, amazing recipes that will Wow your friends and family.
Gluten-Free, AIP and Paleo Options