Yes, this weekend heralds the end of summer at least the part of the world where I write from. Another name for this salad could be, Sweet, Soppy end to Summer salad. Why such a goofy name?
- Sweet summer Peaches and for this salad juicy is great so the juice can ooze and sop into the
- crusty, craggy, chunky, charred bread. (Wheee, now that was a lot of “c” words wasn’t it?)
- Sweet also for end of summer fresh corn
- toss peppery arugula and zippy red onion into the mix
- drizzle a bit oil and vinegar and you are set!
Sweet peaches, just enough softness to let a bit of juice drizzle down your hand as you cut into it. Peel to leave the peach naked or rinsed and the skin left on to keep the peach warm for the end of your summer meal. I left the skin on, it is so beautiful, don’t you think so?
Corn will be coming to a close in the gardens and farmers markets as well. Just cut it off the cob before you cook it.
Let’s keep this salad super simple and celebrate the end of summer, I know part of me doesn’t want summer to end, but I do love autumn, how about you?
This salad is a take off of tomato bread salad only no tomatoes and here the sourdough chunks are tossed onto the grill or gas burner on the stove, to let the bread partially char and taste smoky.
Can you smell the charcoaled bits? The smoky chunks gives nice extra heartiness to this salad.
Toss the ingredients together, drizzle a bit of oil and rice vinegar on the salad or squeeze of lime and you are done!
What about you? What heralds the end of summer for you? Do you like gliding into autumn?
Enjoy the Salad! Want to save it for later? Click on red bar below to save pic to Pinterest!
Peach Corn Charred Salad
End of Summer Sweet Peach and Corn Salad with charred rustic bread, arugula and an easy oil and vinegar drizzle.
- 1 corn cob, cut off cob, (3/4 cup approx)
- 1 cup (approx) Sourdough bread, unsliced or thick slices
- 2 med ripe organic peaches, washed, cubed 1-1/2 cups approx
- 1 cup aurgula
- 3 tablespoons red onion, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons (or less) Avocado oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Rice Vinegar or lime, squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon (optional) Tajin Seasoning
Put corn in microwaveable bowl with 2 tbs of water, cook on high in microwave for 2-3 minutes. Drain water out.
If bread is whole loaf cut off a chunk of bread, if thick slices -put each slice or chunk on gas stove turning bread with tongs to get all portions of bread lightly charred. Or char it on grill or under broiler in oven. Once charred either cut or tear bread in smaller chunks.
Put all salad ingredients in medium size bowl, drizzle oil over salad and drizzle bit vinegar. Sprinkle on optional Tajin seasoning. Toss to coat. Enjoy!
Download Betty's Ultimate Pumpkin Recipes!
Bettys Ultimate PumpkinRecipes.pdf. Fast, amazing recipes that will Wow your friends and family.
Gluten-Free, AIP and Paleo Options