Cinco De Mayo is just a few days away, how do you celebrate it? Are you cooking some Mexican meals this weekend? I have gathered Mexican inspired recipes for you. And don’t forget the Vegan Michelada recipe!
- *This is such a yummy taco recipe, Pineapple Cuban Black Bean Tacos. They take minutes to prepare and a few more minutes to heat up. This is a very popular recipe on Pinterest. So save it to Pinterest for later if not using it this weekend. The pineapple will start you dancing and the spices will give you the cha-cha-cha in your step 🙂
- Make your own salsa, it takes 5 minutes or less to make it and yes it is scrumptious! It only takes a blender and you are ready to enjoy it.
- Speaking of tacos- here is another variation using portobellos. 10 minutes to create them. Of course, you could use crimini mushrooms as they are just baby portobellos 🙂
- For a first course serve Vegetable Tortilla soup. A squeeze of lime and they will be coming back for seconds. It takes 10 minutes to prep and 10 minutes to cook and you can cook it in your cast iron skillet 🙂
- Mexican Stir-Fry- this is so good and easy. You can go from dry black beans to eating them in less than 30 minutes What! yes isn’t that amazing?
- Dancing Elephants Soup (vegetable black bean soup) was always an uber popular dish at my restaurant. I always had to make double batch because people loved it. Fortunately it is also very easy and quick to make.
- I love this Black Bean Chili, there are so many ways you can eat it. I like making a big pot and using it all week long for taco salad, black bean enchiladas, black beans and rice… you get the idea 🙂
9. For Dessert make a batch of Sweet Potato Brownies and add a kick (teaspoon full) of red pepper flakes to give it zip!
What are you cooking this weekend? I’d love to know, post it in the tiny little comment blip (it’ll open up once you start texting). Enjoy! Oh-laaaaa!
Download Betty's Ultimate Pumpkin Recipes!
Bettys Ultimate PumpkinRecipes.pdf. Fast, amazing recipes that will Wow your friends and family.
Gluten-Free, AIP and Paleo Options