Recently my brother made some Micheladas for a birthday celebration of my grand nephew Ari..of course it was for the adults and not little Ari 🙂 Fresh lime, tomato juice, splash of hot sauce, Tajin seasoning on the rim and ahhh now we are ready for the meal! So delicious!
Traditionally Clamato juice is used for Micheladas but in looking at the ingredients in Clamato juice what glared out was high fructose corn syrup! And of course some clam juice. So to keep it healthy and vegan, switch it up with V-8 juice, it is yummy!
Extra lime juice in the Michelada’s is fabulous. Use a Mexican beer such as Corona or Modelo. A tall glass,
if you can’t find Tajin Seasoning use extra lime juice and mixture of salt and cayenne pepper will do. Garnish with lime and or celery stalk, after all Michelada is a spicy bloody mary!
Easy Vegan Michelada
Easy and Vegan Michelada using V-8 juice, light beer and fresh squeezed lime juice.
- 2 limes, cut in half, set aside 1/2 of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon Tajin Seasoning or 2 tsp salt, +1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 12 oz bottle Corona light or Modela
- 1/2 cup V-8 juice
- 2-4 drops hot sauce
Use a 16-20 ounce glass
1. Take a tablespoon of Tajín (or salt, cayenne pepper mixture) and sprinkle it on a small plate. Rub a slice of lime around the rim of the glass and then press the rim in the Tajín to salt the rim. Keep rest of the left over Tajin add to drink.
2. Squeeze 1-1/2 limes into glass
3. Pour 8-12 ounces of Corona Light or Modelo into glass
3. Pour 1/2 cup V-8 juice into glass
5. Add hot sauce to taste, stir, garnish with wedge of lime, the rest of the lime squeeze into drink. Enjoy!
Download Betty's Ultimate Pumpkin Recipes!
Bettys Ultimate PumpkinRecipes.pdf. Fast, amazing recipes that will Wow your friends and family.
Gluten-Free, AIP and Paleo Options