Three ingredients in this soup have wonderful anti-inflammatory properties- the sweet potatoes, the fresh ginger and the curry powder. And the combination of the coconut cream makes it dreamy.
One thing that is fun about this recipe is the chunk of ginger that you put in the soup, YES, my dear friend you really can put in a peeled chunk of ginger! You know how if you blend up a piece of ginger for a smoothie- and you get the threads of the ginger and it is not the best mouth feel …well, when cooked those threads just disappear! A true magic trick! You will be pureeing this recipe so there is no need to worry about taking the time to mince the ginger. A real time saver!
I really appreciate my Braun immersion blender, it is so fast to blend the soup up once it is cooked and you don’t have to clean a blender…ahhh that is another timesaver.
Please let me know what you think of this yummy soup- I have served this for brunch before as the first course. I could even see serving this chilled in the summer for an elegant first course.
Ok, start your engines…Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Coconut Curry SoupPrint Recipe
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped - it will be about two cups
- 1-" fresh ginger root peeled but no need to chop it
- 1 cup of organic vegetable broth
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- 1 -1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup canned coconut milk, use regular not a lite version
- Garnish: optional minced chives or drizzle of coconut cream
1. Sauté onion and celery in coconut oil.
2. Put sautéed onion, celery into slow cooker; add the following ingredients: carrots, sweet potatoes chunks, chunk of ginger, vegetable broth, cayenne pepper, curry powder, kosher salt and ground pepper.
3. Cook on high in slow cooker for two hours or low for 4 hours.
4. Add coconut cream once sweet potatoes are soft. Puree the soup in batches in blender or with immersion blender-I so love my Braun Immersion blender, it is powerful and easy to use!
*Garnish if desired with minced chives or drizzle of thick coconut cream.
Download Betty's Ultimate Pumpkin Recipes!
Bettys Ultimate PumpkinRecipes.pdf. Fast, amazing recipes that will Wow your friends and family.
Gluten-Free, AIP and Paleo Options